Selling Your Home: How the Wrong Home Styling Can Reduce Your Sale Price
When you are getting ready to sell your home, you’ve already got a lot to think about. As a result, home styling might be something you leave to the last minute.
However, it is important to give this task the consideration it deserves. After all, if you get the styling right, you could find yourself receiving way over the asking price for your property. Get it wrong, on the other hand, and you could find yourself reducing the sale price.
Weighing Up Your Styling Options
With your buyer categories defined, you can begin to consider how you are going to handle the styling itself. Perhaps you are thinking of tackling the styling project on your own, or maybe you would prefer to contact a professional. Consider the pros and cons of each.
The Pros and Cons of Handling Styling Yourself
- No need to pay a professional rate – You will not need to hire any professional help if you handle the home styling yourself.
- Complete control over the style – You are handling the styling yourself, therefore you retain complete control.
- Very risky if you do not have professional expertise – Professionals have proven track records when it comes to property styling and a long history of success. The average property seller cannot draw upon this.
- Unprofessional results will reduce the value of the property – Unless you have the skill and experience, you may not be able to achieve professional results from your styling.
- The wrong approach to styling may reduce the value of the property – For example, if you choose the wrong buyer category and style your property with an investor rather than an owner-occupier in mind, you could reduce your selling chances and harm the property value.
The Pros and Cons of Reaching Out to an Independent Professional Styler
- Gain the benefit of professional expertise – You will be able to rest easily knowing that everything is being taken care of by an industry professional.
- Enjoy a full consultation so you retain control over the project – Working with a professional does not mean losing control of the project. You will still be able to provide your input.
- Quality and professionalism are often guaranteed – The best professionals will be able to offer guarantees for the quality of their work and the professionalism of their service.
- A fee will be required – Professional services are not delivered for free, and you will need to pay the agreed fee. In most cases, the increased property sale value you enjoy will make the fee worthwhile.
- Direct results are not usually guaranteed – Professionals will not be able to offer direct guarantees that their work will increase property value. However, you will be able to view their experience and track record in this department.
Leveraging the Best Results from Home Styling
If you know what you are doing and you are completely confident in your abilities, styling your home yourself is a great idea. However, for most of us, it’s better to speak to a professional and gain expert assistance. The stakes are high after all, and you could end up reducing the value of your property if you make a mistake.